Today many offices are taking a closer look at the small expenses that add up to be larger chunks of their annual budget. One expense that generally gets a closer look is the printer expense for the office.
Obviously it is not something you can delete entirely from your budget, but there a small ways to save that will bring the annual expense down.
We found an interesting article with several good tips specifically for reducing waste and consumption.
Some quick tips that were mentioned included:
- Printing on both sides of the paper.
- Print in draft mode when you can.
- Reduce margin sizes for the page to get more text printer per page.
- Instead of printing out a document to fax, email the document when you can.
In addition other things mentioned in the article included:
- Instead of running different places for different functions like scan, copy or fax apart from print. You can get an all in one printer to save your time and money both.
- To save your money in buying ink cartridges you can invest in buying remanufactured ink cartridges or can refill your old cartridges.
- If you are a larger office, consider installing a Follow-Me-Printing solution. This will force employees to be physically present to the printer to get the printouts. Since people often are lazy, this enforces the “Think before you print” rule.
To read the entire article click here >>